Thursday 9 January 2014

welcome to poland.

Today was such a early morning; waking up before the birds, being blown away by gail force I set off for my first trip to POLAND! It was a spare of the moment trip, one of best friends from Young Americans asked me if I could go over for her 21st birthday and I booked my tickets that very second. The flight was perfect, apart from we were unable to land at Krakow because of the fog so we took a little detour to Warsaw (well the landing strip) for a while until we were able to head back to Krakow. However the wait was so great, the plane was filled with about 30people and we all got talking, about our trip, our lives and started a little holiday family. I meet two men who lives and stories were just amazing, we were able to get out and 
I finally landed at Krakow, where Patti was waiting for me with a bunch of flowers, we literally ran at each other and cried, it had been nearly a year to long! We then headed back to her flat to pop my bags down and headed into the city, she treated me to my favorite meal handmade pizza and polish beer with squash in and meet her roommate Roxi. It had been a long day so thought as the weekend will be full on we'd just go back put the ipod on shuffle and have a drink. 
I had only walked through this city in darkness and was already in love with the place.

HELLO KRAKOW.






No comments:

Post a Comment