Sunday 12 January 2014

the last day

The emotions of today made my hangover seem so irrelevant that I just drank a cup of coffee and was blessed and thankful for the fours days I got to spend here. After around 3 hours sleep it was time to scrabble all my things together into my suitcase and head to the airport. Patti woke me up with the smell of a beautiful cooked breakfast, which was just devine. We then wrapped up in the warmest clothes, threw our hair up and wiped away last nights make up after a cold 50second shower and hit the road. We jumped onto a bus, and grabbed a coffee, once we were in the old city I looked around, grabbed Patti by the arm and just stood there to take it all in, and at that moment it started snowing and I looked up at the sky jumped around and cried. People thought I was crazy but hey! We both feel asleep on the bus thankfully the airport was the last stop we waited in line and being young americans a goodbye is never a long goodbye. I have learnt so much and fallen in love with this country/city, it truly is the greatest place I yet to visit. I am so grateful for everything Patti has given to me and shown me. I will be back so so soon! Waving goodbye I had a little body crash and my hangover started to hit me hard, luckily everyone who was on my flight here was also on the flight home, we all took one look at each other and laughed, then looked at the bar in the departure lounge and headed over. We all had out last polish pint at 9.30am and exchanged the stories of our weekend. I generally cared and love these people, there were about 12 of us all together it was magical. We all had a laugh, new experience and a bumpy ride home. Once we had landed and go through customs we all had our last goodbyes and kisses and said 'until next year, live well'

Thank you Poland, and until next year stay beautiful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment