Wednesday 3 August 2011

day 2; ireland. MY 18TH

So after being awake for 25hours you would have thought my dad and i would have laid in saturday, we also stayed up till midnight to make sure i saw my birthday in style and i was able to buy my dad his first drink. No, i awoke to my dad looking at me worried because i was extremely ill with the flu and i was not even able to say thank-you for wishing me happy birthday i just looked at him and said 'daddy, please pop to the shops and grab me some lempsips' and he did. I jumped in the shower and when i got out the room had banners, cards, gifts and confetti. it was lovely.
When he got back he ran into the bathroom and came out with one candle light in a box of tiny cakes which he had brought from the shops and sung me happy birthday but then said 'i couldn't light all of the because i didn't want to set the fire alarm off' My heart melted. We then realized i could not even eat the cake, so i just enjoyed lemsips and a cup of tea.

We slowly got ready and headed into town, OH i FORGOT THE CAPTIN ON THE PLANE WISHED ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND THE HOTEL ALSO STOPPED ME! (thanks mom). i thought we would find a little cafe in temple bar and eat but we ended up in a italian place opposite the river liffey, my dad had a mini irish breakfast and i had a massive pot of tea. Original right. Then we headed back to the shopping bit to see if i could get some skinny jeans, not a success. So then we found some small little vintage shops in temple bar and had a lovely little shop around there, meet some lovely shop keepers who gave us advise on where to go and what to do. As it was my birthday and they saw my badge even strangers were wishing me a well birthday and could see i was a little ill so wished me well to. (see lovely irish people)

With only a day to go before we came home my dad and i started to think about things we wanted to bring home as gifts, even though we promised we wouldn't because i was so ill we had a lot of money left because i was not drinking so that was money saved. We ended up getting a top for my mom that i sectetly liked and made my dad get so i could wear it, i got one of my sisters a I LOVE DUBLIN bag; because she is in to them at the moment, my other sister a pink Dublin Top, my brother irish boxers; because he likes bright and pattened pants and my nana and grandad a fridge magnet. I got myself a Dublin Hoodie (i had to) an ireland vintage top; which is super
cute and a lighter and hot drink holder, i also got a awesome tattoo but thats another post.

As we walked down Grafton Street we past so many acts and buskers that all had magical and creative talent that was not to be missed so i captured it either with video or picture, its like london but in two streets and in this case the young to the old musical talent at its best all in one.

I also found online this really great vintage market in 'THE GRAND SOCIAL' pub which was awesome and my dad and i spent alot of the afternoon there both before and after having my tattoo. Also another post.

Many things happened today, i saw women crying over the end of the liffy, i got my tattoo done, meet my furtue husband, turned into an adult.

So the weekend i booked to go on holiday is the weekend two huge football games are happening, Celtic and Man City, a few other i can't rememeber, but football over there is very much part of their history, the look proud to wear there shirts, as i got off the plan i noticed everyone was in green and Celtic Tops, but after the games heading back on the bus to the hotel, drunks were just happily talking to me, a car would honk their horn and they would all cheer, it felt heart warming. The football over there is outstanding and their love.

My dad and i then saw this little vintage market that we placed in 'The Grand Social' i loved it, it reminded of a little local pub i go to at home. We got taking to the bar staff Lucy and 2 two other men, they gave me advise on my tattoo and said that they guys at Dublin Ink are awesome. We got talking had a few drinks then they invited us back to watch some bad that evening. They were such lovely people and made me go back to show them my tattoo after it had been done.

After a lovely meal/my only meal of the day at pizzia express and another drink at the pub my dad and i headed back to the hotel.











No comments:

Post a Comment